Saturday, July 17, 2021

Capture The Moment - Off the Page Layout.

 

                                                              Hello iCraft and Debs Palette Friends!

Today, I am on the blog to share with you a layout of my  daughter that I love. It was constructed on a round MDF placemat that I hope is now pleased it will get noticed more than if a plate sat on it!



As usual, I used the iCraft heavy white gesso to coat the base and all the Wooden Embellishments. I also used a variety of iCraft Chalk paint (all elements are listed at the end of this post) to paint them up.. I used crackle medium on the window frame and shutters after sponging with white gesso and  re-applying paint after it all dried. Then watched it all crack like magic. I used a craft knife to remove the “Support Beam” from  the middle of the frame. I then  assembled the frame with the photo in between the layers.



I applied texture paste through the iCraft Layering stencil i0865 in certain spots on the round base, then applied some embossing powder over the top and shook off the excess. I let it dry  for 10 minutes then hit it with a heat gun to set the embossing powder. 

After that I  watered down some Marine Blue chalk paint and used a soft brush and lots of 18 water to spread it around the base then dried it with a heat gun.  I glued down all the painted wooden elements and arranged  the flowers including some iCraft Yellow Shaded Roses around this, with some Silver Pearl string woven through. Gloss was applied to the caption and glued to the frame to finish off. 

I hope you enjoyed my non- traditional layout in this blog 21 post. Looking forward to seeing you all later this month!

Below are the iCraft products that were used in this project:




No comments:

Post a Comment