Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Time Goes By- Altered shadow box

Here is a store bought shadow bx that I altered. It started out life as a white glossy frame. I have been collecting various bits and pieces for a while and decided now was the time.
 Layering die cuts, chipboard and other embellishments and decicing what looks good.
Start gluing it all down with gel medium and Helmers Glue. Once dry, cover it all with black Gesso.
Add Prima texture crackle paste with a palate knife on smooth surfaces and let dry. Add Copper metallic paint with a dry brush. once dry add a touch of Silks Acrylic glaze in turquoise with a dry brush as well. Add bits of Blue crystals and pearls to highlight. I mounted this on acetate leaving a border of clear plastic so it looks like its floating in the frame.

 

I sanded lightly before I did this next few steps as it was a glossy frame and I knew the Geeso would be repelled. I applied modeling paste through a stensil to 3 sides (not the bottom) and let  dry. Cover the inside border and the outside of the frame and modelling paste with Black geeso.  I applied 2 coats, then I drybrushed on the copper and the turquoise paints again.

This isn't a great pic of my finished product as the light kept throwing a reflection off the glass. I do love it and really enjoyed making it as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment