Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Forgive to Forget mixed media piece

I got introduced to the artist Tamara Laporte's whimsical style of portraits and creatures last year and was captivated. I was always convinced I couldn't paint landscapes leave alone portraits! But she makes it so achievable with her step by step video lessons and how she plays with a variety of media.
So after doing her Art, Heart and Healing class, I took the time to write all the negative things I was feeling, down on my paper and pondered it. I then Gesso'd over it all as a way of letting it all go. My beautiful lady emerged. People say that your emotions come through in your art and I guess it's true because everyone says she look sad. But the most important thing for me is that I replaced my negative thoughts with a positive quote that I feel will help me every time I look at her. Shes not perfect but then neither am I, or you or anyone for that matter. I used  a mixture of Gelatos, Lyra Aqua colour crayons, acrylic paints, Versamark and Archical ink stamp pads and various stamps to complete this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment